AAJ forum

The main body of the LCC and its practical application, including all 4 published versions of Book 1 with their inserts: the 1959 tan cover; the 1959 light green cover Japanese edition; the 1970‘s white cover, which adds an illustrated River Trip to the 1959 edition, and the currently available Fourth Edition, 2001.

The authorization code is the first word on Page 198 of the Fourth Edition of the LCCTO.

Moderators: bobappleton, sandywilliams

Forum rules
An open letter from Alice Russell. June 21, 2011, Brookline, Massachusetts. 1. DO NOT make insulting, mean spirited remarks about anyone or their work; there are a plethora of sites where you can rant unfettered. If you attack someone personally, your comments will be removed. You can post it, but I'm not paying for it. Go elsewhere, and let those artists who are actually interested in discussion and learning have the floor. 2. There will be NO posting of or links to copyrighted material without permission of the copyright owner. That's the law. And if you respect the work of people who make meaningful contributions, you should have no problem following this policy. 3. I appreciate many of the postings from so many of you. Please don't feel you have to spend your time "defending" the LCC to those who come here with the express purpose of disproving it. George worked for decades to disprove it himself; if you know his music, there's no question that it has gravity. And a final word: George was famous for his refusal to lower his standards in all areas of his life, no matter the cost. He twice refused concerts of his music at Lincoln Center Jazz because of their early position on what was authentically jazz. So save any speculation about the level of him as an artist and a man. The quotes on our websites were not written by George; they were written by critics/writers/scholars/fans over many years. Sincerely, Alice
Bob

AAJ forum

Post by Bob »

10 {The artist formerly known as Bb}
chespernevins

Ted Dunbar

Post by chespernevins »

Re: Ted Dunbar books - it looks like the following book is the only one that is not specifically guitar related...(sorry I am handicapped in that I don't speak guitarese!!! )

"A System of Tonal Convergence for Improvisors, Composers and Arrangers"

Any specific comments on this book? Worth checking out? Is it recognizable as being related to LCC? (which is unrelated to its worth - just curious)

Thanks
Bob

Post by Bob »

I haven't seen was inside this book. But it's supposed to be based on LCC.
bobappleton

Post by bobappleton »

i'm almost back (from work i mean)... and what do we see on aaj but "eb byrne dma on jazz" humbly questioning the qualifications of others. did anyone else notice that the entire dialog (where i told him that to compare his experience with gr's and then read his vitriolic diatribes against g and the concept made him a laughing stock) has been removed?

oh happy day!

b
Bob

Post by Bob »

dogbite

Post by dogbite »

Bob:

"The AAJ forum just imploded again."

dogbite:

everything goes just fine until some dialogue spins out of control because of...???

didn't you say once, "idea vs. ego" or something like that? my thread over there has taught me much about forum politic - step back and get to know the personalities involved, and the motivations for the things they write. for the most part, players are asking honest questions, but some lurk in the background waiting to pounce on the unsuspecting; perhaps not consciously, but this is the way it seems sometimes...

db
Last edited by dogbite on Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bob

Post by Bob »

WHAT THE HELL DID YOU MEAN BY THAT?????!!!!!!!!

Just kidding.
dogbite

Post by dogbite »

LOL!

db
sandywilliams

Post by sandywilliams »

Seems like the Net induces a behavior very similar to road rage in some folks. It's easy to get caught up in, for sure
Bob

Post by Bob »

sandywilliams wrote: road rage
Perfect. That's it.